PAX South ended this past Sunday. By all accounts, it was a tremendous success, especially for its first year. I watched a good amount of videos on Twitch from the event – lots of interesting stuff discussed, and the attendees sounded enthusiastic. Overall, sounds like a pretty good start.
But now that it’s over…let the PAX East countdown begin! This year, it’s being held early – March 6-8, 2015. And it might be a little colder and a little snowier than years past. And there’s a small gap between South and East, so there are fears of PAX exhaustion. But I still expect this year’s con to be stellar.
I’ll be posting on a regular basis leading up to the event, but here are some initial comments and thoughts:
- Start planning, people! There is so much to see and do at PAX East. You won’t be able to do everything, so take note of things you must absolutely do and put a schedule together.
- If you are with a group, be sure that you do something that you personally want to do. Experience PAX with friends is certainly fun, but don’t lose sight of your own interests. Be sure you get to see what you want to see.
- Riot Games will not have a presence on the expo hall floor this year, but they will be available in other areas of PAX East. So if you are a League of Legends fan, be prepared for a much smaller presence than years past. If you don’t care about LoL, be prepared for a little extra breathing room in that area of the expo hall. 🙂
- I’m hoping to try a wide variety of games this year. I haven’t played a tabletop game in years, so it would be nice to try some out. I’ll be playing a Smash Bros. game for the first time ever (3DS version), hopefully with others. I’d like to try Magic the Gathering or D&D again…haven’t played that since I was in middle school. And of course, I always enjoy playing indie games…there is always some really interesting stuff on the expo hall floor.
- I’d love to meet some new PAX friends this year. I’ve been confined to groups in the past, but I’m mostly solo this year.
News is gonna come fast and furious over the next couple weeks…I’m so ready for PAX East to start!